Faster Vitamin Absorption
Auto Beauty Business Culture Dieting DIY Events Fashion Finance Food Freelancing Gardening Health Hobbies Home Internet Jobs Law Local Media Men's Health Mobile Nutrition Parenting Pets Pregnancy Products Psychology Real Estate Relationships Science Seniors Sports Technology Travel Wellness Women's Health

Faster Vitamin Absorption

Vitamins in solid tablet form contain fillers, starches and stabilizers for increasing shelf-life. Designed to time-release in the small intestine, as little as 10% of the stated RDA is actually absorbed. Liquid vitamins on the other hand, are closer to 90% absorbed and offer greater benefits.

Vitamins, Minerals, and Health

Supplemental vitamins are necessary to prevent or reduce the severity of seasonal colds and flu, and to maintain health. It is proven that taking daily vitamin tablets promotes health. Here in Canada where Vitamin-D deficiency is not at all uncommon, it is typically held that Vitamin-D supplements are required due to our longer winters.

But are you really getting the Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) that multivitamin tablets indicate? -Probably not.

Vitamins in Tablet Form vs. Liquid Drops

How Vitamins are Absorbed

Vitamin supplements in tablet form are intended to mostly bypass the stomach and be time-released in the small intestine for it is here that some vitamins and minerals are best absorbed. However, many vitamins can be absorbed directly from the stomach as liquid vitamins, eliminating the need for tablet-form.

Tablet supplements contain fillers and starches (of concern to gluten-sensitive individuals) to facilitate the manufacturing of the tablet. Vitamin tablets also contain stabilizers to increase the stability and shelf life of the product. It is surprising to realize how small a base quantity of any vitamin is actually required to meet the minimum RDA and thus, tablet size.

Vitamin-D in Liquid Drops Form

One popular product called D-drops Vitamin-D3 liquid supplement provides 1000 IU per liquid drop. No tablets, no gluten, starches or stabilizers.

This daily drop is taken orally either from a spoon, directly from a food item or from the back of a clean washed hand is all that is required. Such is the potency of supplementation in liquid form.

How Well are Vitamin Tables and Liquids Absorbed?

By some estimates, solid vitamin tablets only provide the body with about 10% of their stated value. Likely they do little more than pass directly through your system, imparting color to your urine and little more. Liquid vitamins are estimated to be closer to 90% absorbed by the body, providing much greater benefits.

Oral Vitamins vs. Tablets you Swallow

Some vitamins such as Vitamin-B12 tablets are best absorbed sublingually, -held under the tongue until dissolved, instead of swallowing the tablet. How the vitamin is introduced to the body makes a difference how effectively it is absorbed. In case of profound deficiency, an Vitamin-B12 injection can be administered by your physician.

Eating the right foods and avoiding the things that rob your body of vitamins and nutrients such as soft drinks and alcohol helps to build and maintain health, but the need for supplemental vitamins and minerals remains. Taking just the minimum daily requirement of tablet-form supplements may not be enough provide optimal health.

Switching to a liquid multivitamin supplement is a smart and healthy choice.

Disadvantages of Liquid Vitamin Supplements

Supplementing with liquid vitamins has some drawbacks. Liquid vitamins because they lack the stabilizers, do have a shorter shelf-life. They may also require refrigeration after opening.

While some vitamins and minerals are partially nullified by stomach acids and are best absorbed via small intestine as a time-released tablet, the greatest benefit from many vitamins and minerals can be realized in liquid form.

Consult your health care provider for exact stipulations regarding any prescribed vitamin tablet regimen you are currently on, and about the benefits of taking liquid vitamins and minerals supplements.

Looking for wellness products? Save when shopping online by using the latet wellness products coupons and pay less at popular retailers and brands. Find deals for popular wellness products stores using community-sourced coupons and deals.
Need an answer?
Get insightful answers from community-recommended
experts
in Wellness on Knoji.
Would you recommend this author as an expert in Wellness?
You have 0 recommendations remaining to grant today.
Comments (2)
Ranked #12 in Wellness

excellent my friend

Ranked #36 in Wellness

A very informative article. I learned many new things from reading it.

ARTICLE DETAILS
RELATED ARTICLES
RELATED CATEGORIES
ARTICLE KEYWORDS